Shaun of the dead (2004) by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg
The uneventful, aimless lives of a London electronics salesman and his layabout roommate are disrupted by the zombie apocalypse.
Genre & TW : Comedic horror, dark comedy, parody splatter horror, survival, zombie apocalypse, blood, gore and violence.
๐ง๐ง♀️๐ง♂️๐ง๐ง♀️๐ง♂️๐ง๐ง♀️๐ง♂️๐ง๐ง♀️๐ง♂️
My rating : ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I was bored tonight, and too lazy to find a new movie to watch so I picked out of my favourites list and realised I never reviewed Shaun of the dead.
At this point, I probably watched it at least 50 times over the years.
I'm hopeless for British humour and Frost/Pegg is one of those duo you can either totally love or totally hate, but it has to be full deep feeling. I personally love then.
The soundtrack is excellent, it's fun, totally stupid in some ways and actually how I can relate and see myself surviving a zombie apocalypse. I mean, let's be realistic, we would be all more in the like of Shaun of the dead style than The Walking dead, whatever big boys might want ๐. I'm fine with that.
This movie is, for me, one of the pillars of comedic horror of the 00's. This script is so ridiculous that it actually works, it's gore (not so surprisingly when you watched a few of both Frost and/or Pegg's movies, and it's so damn fun to watch.
Comments
Post a Comment